OBAMA CARE

I heard on the news yesterday that Obama paid about $12,000 in federal taxes on a $680,000 income. Hmmm. Let’s see, that’s figures out to be less than 2% income taxes. I’m all for tax deductions up the nose for business leaders, job creators, and the general population, especially if it may help curb the runaway spending in the federal government.

I have also read the articles that say nearly 47% of the people pay no income tax. Of the remaining tax paying households, the Congressional Budget Office data showed the poorest fifth of households paid an average of 4% of their incomes in federal taxes in 2007 (the latest year for which this data are available.) Data from the Institute of Taxation and Economic Policy showed these same people paid a stunning 12.3% in state and local taxes in 2011. That would be a total of 16.3% in taxes paid from the poorest fifth of our households.

The leader of the free world paid less than 2%. Ghandi probably paid more in taxes. These are taxes that would help fund his Obama Healthcare Plan. It seems he is also exempt from any payments into the plan because he is covered by some other executive health care plan that we pay for.

So let me see if I have this right. The leader of our nation wants to leave a legacy of providing health care for everyone in the nation, to be paid for by the taxpayers. And if 47% of the people pay no income tax, then the remaining 53% of us will be footing this bill. Of the 53% of tax-paying citizens, roughly 10% of them are the poorest people in the nation. The poorest 10% of the people are paying twice the federal income tax that our President is paying. Now that’s what I call leadership.

Does Obama really think it’s OK for the poorest taxpayers to pay twice what he is paying to cover his health care agenda and then he not contribute in any meaningful way? Where’s his commitment to this plan? Doesn’t it seem reasonable to expect a Commander-in-Chief to lead by example? I guess he’s more of a “do as I say and not as I do” kind of a President. Now there’s a legacy.
c 4/13/13 Nancy Buffington

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s